As many Illinois families continue to face financial challenges as a result of COVID-19, Ameren Illinois is offering bill payment assistance and more flexible payment options for customers who may be behind on their energy bills.
As part of their Economic Hardship Recovery Program, Ameren is encouraging customers currently in need of assistance to utilize their available resources to help save energy and reduce their bills. They are also urging customers who need assistance with paying their bills to contact Ameren to explore their payment options.
Ameren offers a number of financial assistance programs, including:
- The Illinois Energy Assistance Program to assist families with energy costs
- Ameren Illinois Fresh Start Bill Assistance Program for those facing economic hardships during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Hardship grants for seniors and families who are experiencing financial hardship due to job loss, illness or disability
- The Warm Neighbors Cool Friends initiative to provide year-round bill payment assistance to struggling Illinois families
- Military support grants available for qualifying active members of the military and disabled veterans
- Deferred payment agreements for customers to create flexible payment arrangements if they have an outstanding balance after all applicable bill payment assistance has been applied to their accounts.